[DCRM-L] AMREMM and RDA

Matthew C. Haugen matthew.haugen at columbia.edu
Wed Sep 6 14:41:34 MDT 2017

HI Ryan,

I'm not aware of any information on creating RDA-compliant AMREMM records.

The BIBCO and CONSER standard record profiles contain provisions for
creating RDA-compliant DCRM records for all of the AACR2-based DCRM
manuals, except for DCRM (MSS), though I believe that update is pending.

And the DCRM Task Force had postponed work on manuscript materials of all
time periods when drafting the RBMS Policy Statements for RDA-based rare
materials instructions, so that work remains to be done for modern
manuscripts as well.

I wonder if any of these options might be feasible or desirable for BSC to
pursue?

1. Publish an RDA-compliant revision to AMREMM as a standalone manual, like
the original.
2. Draft additional RBMS Policy Statements for these materials, that when
published along with the rest of RBMS-PS, would supersede AMREMM.
3. Submit provisions to be added to the BSR profile for creating
RDA-compliant records using AMREMM as it currently stands, similar to the
current arrangement with the other DCRM manuals.
4. Publish its own similar application profile for creating RDA-compliant
records using AMREMM as it currently stands,  without going through LC/PCC.

Matt

On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 5:28 PM, Ryan Hildebrand <rhilde at uoregon.edu> wrote:

> Dear all,
>

> Can anyone point me to helpful information on creating RDA compliant
> AMREMM records? I don’t have specific questions at the moment, but would
> like to understand issues others may have already tackled.
>

> Thanks,
>

> Ryan Hildebrand
>
> Authorities & Special Collections Cataloging Librarian
>
> University of Oregon Libraries
>
> 1299 University of Oregon
>
> Eugene OR 97403-1299
>
> (541) 346-1844