[DCRM-L] RBMS PS review Q4: Extent of text

Noble, Richard richard_noble at brown.edu
Wed Apr 4 10:42:19 MDT 2018

Point taken about editorial interpolations in 245, but that's among other
things what the 246 is about--to create alternate searchable strings,
whether as direct transcription, or to anticipate other search formulations
that users might come up with. The problem with "[!]" is that, outside the
context of cataloging, it also has the meaning "Can you believe that?!" (or
a less polite response ...).

BROWN UNIVERSITY  ::  PROVIDENCE, R.I. 02912  ::  401-863-1187
<Richard_Noble at Br <RICHARD_NOBLE at BROWN.EDU>own.edu>