[DCRM-L] Abbreviation for botanical bibliography?

Gemberling, Ted P tgemberl at uab.edu
Sun Apr 29 18:20:12 MDT 2018

Does anybody know what ADB stands for? I think it's in a Harvard cataloging record in OCLC (#960073491). It mentions a version of the work cited by "ADB, 23:378-9." I haven't found any plausible name for a bibliography with that abbreviation. It can't be Australian Dictionary of Biography, I don't think. I looked up American Dictionary of Botany and didn't find that title as existing. There is apparently no American Dictionary of Biology, either.

There is an American Dictionary of Biography, which is published in Australia (?) and somehow also called the Australian Dictionary of Biography, but why would it have information about this work?

I looked in the RBMS Standard Citation Forms database and didn't find it.

Thanks for any enlightenment,
Ted Gemberling
UAB Lister Hill Library