[DCRM-L] Extent for 2 v. in 1

Mascaro, Michelle mmascaro at ucsd.edu
Thu Aug 30 09:55:45 MDT 2018

The book is Knorr, Georg Wolfgang. Deliciae naturae selectae, of uitgeleezen kabinet van natuurlyke zeldzaamheden.  Dordrecht: Abraham Blussé en Zoon, 1771.

I admit I jumped to 2 v. in 1, since that is how many of the available copy records in OCLC described it.  On second thought due to, as Bob said, the fact the pagination is not continuous and there are separate title pages, it would be better to treat this as two volumes bound together subsequent to publication.  The text and plates in both volumes have a continuous section lettering and numbering system, so I can be confident how the plates were intended to be bound.

Michelle