[DCRM-L] Genre term for printers' receipts?

Robert Steele rosteele at law.gwu.edu
Wed Feb 28 08:55:19 MST 2018

I'm looking at a pamphlet printed in Montpellier, France, around 1813 by a
printer's widow, Marie- Adelaide Picot, or as the colophon puts it: Mme.
Picot, nee Fontenay. At the top of the first page is a manuscript
annotation that is apparently the printer's receipt: 200 copies at 24
francs a sheet, total 168 francs, Montpellier le 21 may 181[...],
Fontenay-Picot (note she is using her maiden name). I think it's extremely
interesting, and I'd like to add an access point to the record... But
"Printers' receipts" seems not to exist, and "Prices" seems not quite
enough. Any ideas?

Robert Steele
Cataloging Librarian
Jacob Burns Law Library