[DCRM-L] RBMS PS Review Q2.5: Transcription of Inaccuracies

Noble, Richard richard_noble at brown.edu
Wed Jan 10 13:53:24 MST 2018

"The addition of basic transcription and manifestation statements": And
there we are, with the basics of proper entries in a bibliography.* I take
a "manifestation statement" to be something on the order of the numbering
and heading of a bibliographical entry. This would have the virtue of
turning a bibliographical record, which describes a manifestation, into a
virtual authority record for the manifestation as basic class (set
designation, comprising the individual *things* assignable to the set) in
the quite sensible FRBR classification hierarchy (though I've no idea where
*that* stands these days as the acronyms envelop us, like vines round a
charmèd sleeper).

*Conceptually, something like a combination/synthesis of 1XX (if
applicable), 240 (required), and 250 (required)? But then again, I'm old
enough to be advocating for the use of buggy whips...

BROWN UNIVERSITY  ::  PROVIDENCE, R.I. 02912  ::  401-863-1187
<Richard_Noble at Br <RICHARD_NOBLE at BROWN.EDU>own.edu>