[DCRM-L] artists' books

Stewart, Duncan R duncan-stewart at uiowa.edu
Wed Jan 31 14:39:24 MST 2018

I catalog a lot of artists' books at the University of Iowa Libraries and nearly always use a books work form, I think your 1 artists' book is fine, making extensive notes is part of the artists' book fun. When I can I include an artist's statement--often found on their websites or on vendor sites. I also consult with our Preservation-Conservation unit for help describing artist's books correctly. And book artists always seem to be happy to provide descriptions if you contact them.

ds

Duncan Stewart
Special Collections Cataloging Librarian, Cataloging and Metadata Department
University of Iowa Libraries, Iowa City, Iowa 52242
(319) 335-5884 duncan-stewart at uiowa.edu<mailto:duncan-stewart at uiowa.edu>
 ᚛ᚇᚑᚅᚅᚉᚆᚐᚇᚆ ᚄᚈᚔᚒᚁᚆᚐᚏᚈ᚜

[X]