[DCRM-L] help w/ v-large old music book in Latin

Taysom, Dan@CSL dan.taysom at library.ca.gov
Wed Mar 14 13:01:56 MDT 2018

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping to tap into the expertise on the list.

I have a very large (old) music book 80 x 57 x 12 cm, handwritten on velum in Latin with music scores & words.  Of course there is no title page or colophon and the top edge of the first few pages where there is a title (for the song on that page?) written have been partially eaten away.  Adding to that is that the style of the font used makes it difficult for me to decipher although the printing is very clear.  Opinions expressed have been a psalter or choir book.

If anyone would like to take a stab at telling me what I have and helping decipher the writing I would be very grateful.  I can email some photos.  (I am assuming this list strips out attachments so I didn't attempt to attach any).

Thanks,

Dan Taysom | Librarian
Technical Services | California State Library
Library & Courts Building II | 900 N Street | Sacramento CA 95814
P.O. Box 942837 | Sacramento, CA 94237-0001
916-653-2267
Dan.Taysom at library.ca.gov<mailto:Dan.Taysom at library.ca.gov>