[DCRM-L] Domestic mending evidence

Cawelti, Andrea cawelti at fas.harvard.edu
Thu May 17 16:05:57 MDT 2018

Fellow catalogers, I have a researcher who is interested in home repair jobs from the 18th cen. music or books, particularly sewing pages together at plate marks, and wax use in mending paper and bindings.  As I've now assembled quite a few fine examples through a variety of keyword searching, would like to add a genre term to make retrieval easier in future.  What do people recommend for such a term?  I'm completely at sea here, and will be pathetically grateful for any suggestions, either of an existing term, or for a local term to harness.
Grateful thanks, andrea
--
(Ms.) Andrea Cawelti
Ward Music Cataloger