[DCRM-L] Domestic mending evidence

Fri May 18 08:28:12 MDT 2018

AAT doesn't permit subdivisions. Have you looked in Ligatus Language of Bindings<http://www.ligatus.org.uk/lob/> database to see if anything fits?

Deborah J. Leslie | Folger Shakespeare Library | djleslie at folger.edu |

From: DCRM-L [mailto:dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu] On Behalf Of Lois Reibach
Sent: Friday, 18 May, 2018 09:29
To: DCRM Users' Group
Subject: Re: [DCRM-L] Domestic mending evidence

I would probably use something like Mending $v Specimens. $2 aat although I just looked and aat doesn't show subdivisions in their hierarchy.

On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 6:05 PM, Cawelti, Andrea <cawelti at fas.harvard.edu<mailto:cawelti at fas.harvard.edu>> wrote:
Fellow catalogers, I have a researcher who is interested in home repair jobs from the 18th cen. music or books, particularly sewing pages together at plate marks, and wax use in mending paper and bindings.  As I’ve now assembled quite a few fine examples through a variety of keyword searching, would like to add a genre term to make retrieval easier in future.  What do people recommend for such a term?  I’m completely at sea here, and will be pathetically grateful for any suggestions, either of an existing term, or for a local term to harness.
Grateful thanks, andrea
--
(Ms.) Andrea Cawelti
Ward Music Cataloger