[DCRM-L] recording numbered copies publicly

Mascaro, Michelle mmascaro at ucsd.edu
Fri Dec 13 13:46:01 MST 2019

Honor,

I also agree with you, and it has been standard practice to at 2 of the 3 libraries I have worked at during my career.  The other library made these notes for special collections materials, but avoided certain copy specific notes for the general collection under the  argument that highlighting such features in the catalog might make the items more prone to theft.  I do not know if that is the concern you are running into here.

Michelle