[DCRM-L] Ideas for Cataloging/Tech Services Conference Sessions?

Katelyn Borbely ksjedro77 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 07:10:58 MST 2019

Colleagues,

This year, the Bibliographic Standards Committee Program Planning Group
assisted with the submission of six session proposals to increase the
presence of cataloging/technical services-related programming at RBMS
conferences. To continue the momentum, we are calling for suggestions of
topics for all kinds of sessions for the 2021 RBMS conference in Milwaukee,
WI. BSC will review all completed proposals at our meeting at Annual 2020
and we would love to have a robust selection to support (and to hopefully
attend in 2021!).

We also recognize that proposal writing can be time-consuming, especially
if you’ve not done it before. If you have a topic idea and are willing to
write a session proposal, BSC will work with you to draft the proposal. BSC
has created a dedicated subgroup for supporting program planning, and I and
my fellow members of this group will provide assistance and guidance in
creating strong proposals. We would ideally like to have potential topics
before Midwinter so that the committee can have a preliminary discussion
during our meeting. However, we will be accepting proposal suggestions
after that. The goal is to begin the proposal writing process around the
end of March, leaving a few months to work before the final review at
Annual.

Please reply to me off list (ksborbely at gmail.com) if you have a potential
topic and/or are willing to draft a session proposal, or if you have any
questions.

On behalf of BSC,

Katelyn Borbely