[DCRM-L] Svato Schutzner

Bryan, Anna abry at loc.gov
Wed Feb 6 04:30:18 MST 2019

Please join me in mourning the loss of Svato Schutzner, author of Medieval and renaissance manuscript books in the Library of Congress : a descriptive catalog (Washington : Library of Congress, 1989-1999) v. 1: Bibles, liturgy, books of hours; v. 2: Theology and canon law. The link below is the announcement from yesterday's Washington Post.

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/washingtonpost/obituary.aspx?n=svato-schutzner&pid=191452959

I was privileged to know Svato, who trained me on incunabula cataloging. Hardly a day passes when I do not use some of the knowledge he passed on to me.

Anna R. Bryan
Senior Cataloger
Rare Materials Section
U.S. Anglo Division