[DCRM-L] Authorities vendors and RB vocabularies

Matthew C. Haugen matthew.haugen at columbia.edu
Thu Jan 3 16:08:18 MST 2019

Dear colleagues,

As LTI is closing in a few months <http://www.authoritycontrol.com/>, we
are considering other options for authority control/identity management
services here at Columbia.  such as

I'm writing to DCRM-L in hopes of gathering perspectives from the rare
materials community, specifically when it comes to managing RBMS CVs or
other specialized vocabularies and data points (such as SCF), using vendor
services, or any other rare-specific issues we need to consider (e.g.
whether their processes should include or exclude local access points (with
$5), records following DCRM standards, etc.).

But more general feedback would be welcome as well, whether you are
similarly currently with LTI and "shopping" for a replacement, or otherwise
have experience with choosing and planning for a new authorities vendor,
which could help us evaluate our options, including Backstage Library
Works, Marcive, other vendors, or even taking some or all of these
processes back "in house" based on changes in technologies, expertise,
costs, etc.

Feel free to reply off-list (matthew.haugen at columbia.edu). I'd also be
happy to compile and share anonymized responses with interested parties
after the fact.

Thank you,

Matt
--