[DCRM-L] OCLC Member Merge and rare materials

Jennifer MacDonald jsmacdon at udel.edu
Tue Jan 8 10:09:12 MST 2019

We are in the vetting stage of the Member Merge project, and although I
can't find it in writing, I seem to remember being told that we were not
supposed to be merging rare materials (which at this stage seemed fine, but
not indefinitely). I certainly would be happy to see some more information,
and, frankly, I'm sick of reporting all of the duplicates and crossing my
fingers. I would be thrilled if additional training were available, and if
possible RBMS BSC guidance.

Best,

Jennifer

--
[image: University of Delaware]

Jennifer MacDonald MA, PhD, MSLIS

Associate Librarian and Coordinator, Special Collections Cataloging Unit

Cataloging Department

University of Delaware
(302) 831-1512