[DCRM-L] Question about signatures and relator term

Randal S. BRANDT rbrandt at library.berkeley.edu
Sat Jul 6 20:20:56 MDT 2019

Weighing from California Rare Book School:

I concur with Deborah on the signatures questions.

For the relator term, I would use "bookseller" because the imprint
identifies him as such ("bibliop." = abbreviation of "bibliopola" =
"bookseller" [and please forgive me if my Latin isn't perfect here]). The
imprint statement does state that he funded the printing, but he identifies
himself as a bookseller, so I'd go with that (or both, if you really feel
you need to bring out the "at the expense of" aspect; but my personal
preference in using these terms is to pick one).

Cheers,
Randy

--
Randal S. Brandt
The Bancroft Library | University of California, Berkeley
510.643.2275 | rbrandt at library.berkeley.edu