[DCRM-L] Examples of "Curator" in agent to item relationship?

Erin Blake erin.blake.folger at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 11:02:13 MDT 2019

I guess "curator" could be an item-specific relationship if you go far
enough down the rabbit hole: we have a field in our Acquisitions module
where we record the curator responsible for deciding a collection item
should be acquired (an issue because it's often mistaken for the curator
whose budget it came from, but it's the intellectual contribution we're
documenting; the financial contribution is recorded elsewhere). That field
could, in theory, be part of the MARC record in the OPAC.

Erin.

Erin Blake, PhD  |  pronouns: she/her/hers  |  Senior Cataloger  |  Folger
Shakespeare Library  |  201 E. Capitol St. SE, Washington, DC, 20003  |
eblake at folger.edu  |  www.folger.edu