[DCRM-L] FW: query re. use of deep parentheses in 300$c

Karen Nelson karenjnelson at uvic.ca
Tue Sep 3 12:58:08 MDT 2019

Re. 4D2.1 If the date appears in roman numerals, transcribe the date as it appears

Hello!

Just getting started with DCRMB.

Our item in hand includes the publishing date of c I) I) CII - that is, it includes what we have seen described as "deep parentheses".
it actually reads: lower case c / upper case I / "backwards" lower case c / upper case I / backwards lower case c and then CII.
Which appears to mean: MDCII or 1602?

But how to transcribe this in a MARC record (per 4D2.1)  without a character for the backwards c  on the keyboard??

Thanks for the assistance.

Karen