[DCRM-L] Margins folded when printed

Erin Blake erin.blake.folger at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 07:38:03 MDT 2019

That looks to be an example of a "printer's crease" -- they're not uncommon
in intaglio printing (and they're one of the reasons I'm glad I was an art
curator at a research library rather than a museum: for curators interested
in fine art, they're flaws, so you need to pay more for a perfect
impression; for curators interested in printing history, they're evidence,
so you can save some money).

Typically, printer's creases are "innies" rather than "outies", though, so
they create a little sliver of uninked paper somewhere in the design, not
an extra bit of inking, like this.

Erin.

Erin Blake, PhD  |  pronouns: she/her/hers  |  Senior Cataloger  |  Folger
Shakespeare Library  |  201 E. Capitol St. SE, Washington, DC, 20003  |
eblake at folger.edu  |  www.folger.edu