[DCRM-L] statements on harmful language or catalog remediation

Gabriela Zoller gzoller at history.pcusa.org
Thu Dec 10 13:12:46 MST 2020

Hi,
We haven't addressed this for published materials in our OPAC yet, though we have toyed with the idea of a footer or some boilerplate on every record display page that notes the presence of racist/offensive materials in our library collection (missionaries! They say terrible things!).  We have developed a policy for our digital repository (which is mostly archival material), which you can read here:  https://digital.history.pcusa.org/dig_collection_offensive_lang_policy

Best,
Gabriela

Gabriela Zoller
Cataloging and Metadata Librarian