[DCRM-L] Expanding the official scope of DCRM-L to rare materials description more broadly?

Wed Jun 24 13:22:45 MDT 2020

Bob Maxwell is listowner; it's in his purview to change the name of the list.

______________________________
Deborah J. Leslie, MA, MLS (she/her) | Folger Shakespeare Library | 201 East Capitol St., SE, Washington, DC 20003 | 202.675-0369 | djleslie at folger.edu | www.folger.edu
________________________________
From: DCRM-L <dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu> on behalf of Margaret F. Nichols <mnr1 at cornell.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2020 14:35
To: DCRM Users' Group <dcrm-l at lib.byu.edu>
Subject: Re: [DCRM-L] Expanding the official scope of DCRM-L to rare materials description more broadly?

To contribute my $0.02, I'm in favor of Erin's proposed change to the name of the list; but when I checked it just now, the list's description did in fact begin with: "DCRM-L is a list devoted to the discussion of the cataloging of rare materials," so it sounds like the description is OK. The full description reads:

DCRM-L is a list devoted to the discussion of the cataloging of rare materials, including cataloging using the suite of standards titled Descriptive Cataloging of Rare Materials.

I suppose we could change "including" to "including but not limited to" if we wanted to be more explicit about the list's broad scope. Or we could begin with "DCRM-L is a list devoted to the discussion of all aspects of cataloging rare materials ..."

Best regards to all (and eagerly looking forward to seeing you in three dimensions one of these days),

Margaret

Margaret Nichols
Rare Materials Cataloging Coordinator
Cataloging & Metadata Services