[DCRM-L] Still watching . . .

Tony Curwen tony.curwen at zen.co.uk
Wed Feb 3 06:02:57 MST 2021

Greetings, colleagues!

I hope you are all keeping safe and well (even if somewhat frustrated)
in these lock-down days.

This old former practitioner and later, long-time teacher of "cat. and
class."  regularly watched your exchanges on DCRM-L with great interest,
but following retirement years ago, never got round to cancelling the
connection.  I must admit that in recent times there have been highly
detailed technical exchanges about developments which mean very little
or nothing to me now.  On the other hand  .  .   .      Ah, tête-bêche
and all that.  The Oxford English Dictionary used to think it was all
about postage stamps (does it still?  I must check), but last week's
exchanges were enlightening and amusing, and may suggest areas for
further investigation.  Perhaps a doctoral thesis for someone on
publication and cataloguing practice of bilingual publications  in
bilingual countries?  For instance Canada, Finland, or even here in
Wales.

Best wishes to one and all.   Keep going — libraries (and librarians)
matter!

Tony in Aberystwyth