[DCRM-L] Program planning for rare materials catalogers

Piscitelli, Felicia A f-piscitelli at library.tamu.edu
Thu Feb 25 12:30:18 MST 2021

Hello again,

A few weeks ago I gave a presentation on the organization of materials to a Museum Studies class, in which I included a segment on “The Cataloger as a Detective”. I used items lacking covers,  title pages, front matter, and colophons (hence, the most common sources for identification and basic bibliographical description) as examples of “mysteries” I’ve solved. One of the slides was a picture of my hand in a white cotton glove, holding a magnifying glass over an 18th-century book.

Felicia

Felicia Piscitelli, M.M., M.L.S.
Associate Professor
Rare Book and Special Collections Cataloger and Italian Resources Librarian
Cushing Memorial Library & Archives
Texas A&M University
f-piscitelli at library.tamu.edu<mailto:f-piscitelli at library.tamu.edu>
5000 TAMU | College Station, TX  77843