[DCRM-L] Including Cataloging History information in public interface

Liz Adams elizabeth.adams at duke.edu
Wed Mar 17 13:32:54 MDT 2021

Hello!

I'm currently convening a group at my institution looking at issues related to "provenance" (very broadly defined). One of the areas we're thinking about is if we should ever include the name of the cataloger and the date an item was cataloged in a field that would display publicly. Right now, we track our cataloging stats through cataloger IDs that do not display in our public interface. Manuscript processor here do typically include names and relevant processing dates in finding aids. As a side note, AMREMM also includes "Cataloging History' (7B27) that has an example including cataloger's name.

My question is: Does your institution ever include cataloging history information related to print material or unique items in a field that display publicly? And if so, would you mind sharing those cases?

Thanks so much for considering!

Best,

Liz

Liz Adams
Rare Materials Cataloger
David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library
Duke University
Durham, NC 27708

elizabeth.adams at duke.edu<mailto:elizabeth.adams at duke.edu>
919.613.1010