[DCRM-L] Seeking demographic alternative to myself for Zoom meeting with cataloging class

Erin Blake erin.blake.folger at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 10:51:11 MST 2022

Hello! Those of you who know me personally know that I look and sound like
I came straight out of Central Casting in response to a call for a Rare
Materials Cataloger: white, middle-aged, grey-haired, female, Canadian
accent, British surname.... heck, at this very moment I'm even wearing a
grey wool cardigan that I crocheted myself. The only thing keeping me from
completely disappearing into the stereotype is that I don't have a cat.

In the past, I've been the enthusiastic representative of Rare Materials
Cataloging for the "Guest Speaker" session of an online cataloging class.
Catalogers from all sorts of different professional niches each have a 15-
to 20-minute time slot where they introduce themselves, say a few things
about their type of work, then take questions from the class.

I'm happy to continue in this role, but for the sake of the profession, I'm
really hoping to find a replacement who doesn't look and sound the way I do.

This year's session is Tuesday, 19 April. The class runs from 6:30 pm to 9
pm Eastern, but you only have to be online for your slot.

Please contact me directly at eblake at folger.edu or eblakedc at gmail.com if
you're interested, or if you know of someone the professor might want to
consider.

Thanks,

Erin

Erin Blake, PhD  |  Senior Cataloger  |  Folger Shakespeare Library  |  201
E. Capitol St. SE, Washington, DC, 20003  |  eblake at folger.edu  |
www.folger.edu
<https://protect-us.mimecast.com/s/-t5RCjRgpBtArRXC7R7_2?domain=urldefense.com>