[DCRM-L] spotting a preface before subfield c in 510s

Randal S. BRANDT rbrandt at library.berkeley.edu
Thu Feb 24 15:47:13 MST 2022

Hi Nina,

It is an option in the new SCF to use the word "entry". See Working
Principles, Numeration, point B: https://rbms.info/scf/working-principles/

I seem to remember that it was either required or strongly encouraged to
include that term when SCF first came out. Clearly that stance has been
softened since then.

Cheers,
Randy

--
Randal S. Brandt
The Bancroft Library | University of California, Berkeley
510.643.2275 | rbrandt at library.berkeley.edu