[DCRM-L] Help with signature statement

Rich, Allison allison_rich at brown.edu
Thu Jul 27 09:23:56 MDT 2023

Hi All:

I am cataloguing: The New-England psalm-singer: or, American chorister / by
William Billings, Boston: Edes and Gill, 1770.
The prelims, pages 10, [1], 8, [1], 9-22, are a mix of letterpress and
engraved leaves by Paul Revere.

Pages 1-10, 1st count, are letterpress and are signed A1-4 with B1 being
pasted on to A4
Pages [1], 1-8, and [1] are fully engraved and unsigned; page [1], 2nd
count, is a blank recto, and pages 8, and [1], 2nd and 3rd counts, pasted
on to page 7, with page [1], 3rd count, a blank verso. This is gathering [C]
Pages 9-22 are letterpress and unsigned; there are 7 leaves with the [D]3
pasted on to [D]2.

How do I express this, I am mostly having trouble with gatherings [C] and
[D].
I have not seen anything like this before and I am stumped.

Thank you all for your kind help,
Allison

--
"Outside of a dog,

Allison Rich
Head of Cataloguing and Technical Services
ESTC and NACO Coordinator
John Carter Brown Library
Providence, Rhode Island
Allison_Rich at brown.edu