[DCRM-L] OCLC cataloging subscription

Christine DeZelar-Tiedman dezel002 at umn.edu
Thu Feb 15 05:20:39 MST 2024

I'm pretty sure this has been submitted through the enhancement process
(the only way to get new features, unless you are a new customer with $$$
that they are trying to sign on), but it has never gotten enough votes to
make it through.

Incidentally, a couple of years ago the University of Minnesota was a
development partner for the discontinued MetaDoor project (the source of
the lawsuit between OCLC and Clarivate) and I was very frank with the
ExLibris staff about why we don't use Alma for original cataloging. They
seemed receptive to listening, but they really didn't fully understand as
they were not catalogers; for example, they seemed to think that
"templates" were a suitable alternative to macros.

dezel002 at umn.edu
she, her, hers