Topic 5. Other formats

Elizabeth Robinson erobinson at huntington.org
Fri Jan 15 11:30:23 MST 1999

Sandra asked last October if we should bring in a map cataloger as advisor for any rare maps cataloging appendix. I think yes to this and for the other formats too.

I think we should initially scope out other descriptive codes already in existence to catalog nonbook formats (and any advisors would tell us this) and figure out the best way to link the two codes: a simple referral to the other code from DCRB -- and vice versa?or something more elaborate?

--Elizabeth A. Robinson
  Principal Rare Book Cataloger
  Huntington Library
  erobinson at huntington.org