Topic 6: Glossary

Elizabeth Robinson erobinson at huntington.org
Fri Jan 15 11:37:35 MST 1999

Sandra asked should we also include

	Gathering

	Imprint

Works for me.

Now to the terms edited or added:

1. Broadside, broadsheet - Just leave as-is now? Why change?
2. Chief title - Chief title varies from Title proper, as I read the current definitions, in that the former excludes alternative titles and the latter retains it. Use boldface type to highlight this difference?
3. Title page - The AACR2r def. works better, I think (as Bob noted).
4. Title proper - Repeats AACR2r and elaborates. I vote with Larry to keep it like it is.
5. "Printing. See Impression" - Fine with me.
6. Figure gets "See also, Plate" - Fine with me.
7. Fingerprints - Vote to keep it.

--Elizabeth A. Robinson
  Principal Rare Book Cataloger
  Huntington Library