Topic 6: Glossary

Patrick Russell prussell at library.berkeley.edu
Tue Jan 19 15:28:16 MST 1999

About Glossary:

Yes: Add "Gathering" and "Imprint"

Title page: AACR2 is fine with me

Fingerpints: I am doubtful here, unless there is a clear, agreed-upon
understanding about how it is formulated. I myself have never supplied one,
perhaps through ignorance.

Otherwise: per Elizabeth below

Patrick

At 10:37 AM 1/15/99 -0800, Elizabeth Robinson wrote:

>Sandra asked should we also include
>
>	Gathering
>
>	Imprint
>
>Works for me.
>
>Now to the terms edited or added:
>
>1. Broadside, broadsheet - Just leave as-is now? Why change?
>2. Chief title - Chief title varies from Title proper, as I read the
current definitions, in that the former excludes alternative titles and the
latter retains it. Use boldface type to highlight this difference?