Topic 6: Glossary: Title page and Title proper

Patrick Russell prussell at library.berkeley.edu
Tue Jan 19 15:07:59 MST 1999

Hi all:

Because of pressure of mounting an exhibit at Grad. Theol. Union Library,
Berkeley, I've not been able to respond on DCRB before.  I'll get out over
the weekend a few queries about DCRB/MARC format.

With regard to Bob's point: I think we really need to be clear at a number
of points why DCRB differs from AACR2.  Often its fairly obvious; other
times not so:

Among points I would like to consider on this score are:

T.p. definition

Handling of "leaves" printed on one or both sides sides  (5B1)

"With" Notes (7C190

As a cataloger who works not only with pre-1801 imprints and with a variety
of manuals (dcrb, appm, Betz Graphic materials, Matters Oral History) this
kind of variation for the same kind of information is an irritant, to be
blunt.  Does dcrb really need to differ from AACR2 in "With notes"? Why?