DCRM(S) pt. 0A addendum

Robert L. Maxwell robert_maxwell at byu.edu
Mon Feb 5 14:36:43 MST 2001

In addition to the convenience of the cataloger as a point in favor of
cataloging these as a serial, which Jane explained well, I would like to
put in a plug for the user of the library--a whole bunch of issues of
serials all cataloged as monographs are quite confusing to the user when
he/she does (e.g.) a title search--what the serial is and what the library
has are much clearer when treated as a serial. At least that is the
perspective of this non-serial cataloger.

Bob

At 02:35 PM 2/5/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Yes, thanks. --DJL

Robert L. Maxwell
Special Collections and Ancient Languages Cataloger
6430 Harold B. Lee Library
Brigham Young University
Provo, UT 84602
(801) 378-5568