DCRM(S) pt. 0A addendum

Patrick Russell prussell at library.berkeley.edu
Fri Feb 9 14:21:46 MST 2001

Seems to me a serial is a serial.  Yes, there is a grey area! But I agree
that it is misleading to the user to treat a "serial" as a "monograph"
because (e.g.) only a single issue is in hand, especially in view of the
very desirable ability to qualify searches by the form "serial".  Also
format affects display in many systems; it would not be desirable to have
an item labelled "monograph" when in fact it is a serial.

Patrick