Marked up Chapter 0

Robert L. Maxwell robert_maxwell at byu.edu
Fri Jan 5 16:09:28 MST 2001

DCRBers,

I have mounted a marked up version of Chapter 0 at

http://www.lib.byu.edu/~catalog/people/rlm/bsc/dcrb/0revapp.htm

This contains the changes to Chapter 0 that were approved at Annual 1999.
Full details of the approvals are at
<http://www.lib.byu.edu/~catalog/people/rlm/bsc/dcrb/0summary.htm>, from
which you can also link to the pages for the individual rules where the
rationale behind the changes is explained. There is still work to be done
on Chapter 0, notably the decision of what to do about the transcription
rules, but this is something we can work from. This marked up version will
be on the BSC agenda next week, but meanwhile feel free to comment to the
list. I will be around through next Wednesday.

Also on the BSC agenda will be revisions to chapters 2
<http://www.lib.byu.edu/~catalog/people/rlm/bsc/dcrb/2.htm> and 5
<http://www.lib.byu.edu/~catalog/people/rlm/bsc/dcrb/5.htm>. Both of these
were announced a few months ago to this list, but no discussion took place.

Those of you that will be at Midwinter, please be thinking carefully about
this so we can have a fruitful discussion.

Thanks,
Bob
Robert L. Maxwell
Special Collections and Ancient Languages Cataloger
6430 Harold B. Lee Library
Brigham Young University
Provo, UT 84602
(801) 378-5568