DCRM(S)

Jane Gillis jane.gillis at yale.edu
Tue Jun 5 13:59:55 MDT 2001

Juliet and I have gotten comments only from Eileen Smith (who sent her
comments privately) and Patrick Russell.  I would like to make changes one
last time before RBMS and ALA (by Friday am at the latest).

If you have any other comments, other than the ones which we are waiting
for Bib Standards to discuss and which concern other formats (e.g., Roman
numerals) or waiting for the JSC to make changes, please send them (to the
list if possible) and I will make the changes.

The one organizational change we would like to make is in Area 3. DATES OF
PUBLICATION AND/OR SEQUENTIAL DESIGNATION AREA, where we would like to
follow Jean Hirons' example in "Revision AACR2 to Accommodate Seriality:
Rule Revision Proposals".   In 3B1, the rule begins "Give the numeric
and/or alphabetic designation of the first issue of a serial ..." we would
like to add between first and issue "or last".  For the whole of area 3, we
would talk about, and give examples for, not just the first issue but the
first and/or last issue.  If you look at the current Area 3, most of it has
examples for only the first issue.  I'm not sure if this can be
accomplished before RBMS, but I would like to try.

Please,  send in comments, questions.  Is there an area to talk about at
Bib Standards?  .

Jane and Juliet