FWD: Area 7 comparisons - for BSC at ALA

Jain Fletcher jfletchr at library.ucla.edu
Thu Jan 10 16:34:39 MST 2002

Hello, everyone,
   I sent this message to DCRB-L last week and learned only 2 days ago
that it hadn't gone through.  You see, because this is such an intimate
gathering of colleagues, I had simply forgotten that it was a listserv
and as such, doesn't like attachments.
   As you will see from my original explanatory note below that there
was a reason why I wanted to preserve my text as much as possible (the
font variations), so it was not an option simply to copy it and put it
into the plain text of our e-mail system.  So I've worked very closely
with Bob Maxwell on this, who generously agreed to mount it on his
Website so everyone could access it and be able to print it (if
desired) with the fonts intact.  The Web migration did make some
differences (the font sizes aren't exact matches, of course; some of
the indentation was lost; and somehow it still has come out longer [my
print preview indicates 32 p.]), but I think it is still much better
than a plain text version would have been.  So here is the link to the
text:

	http://www.lib.byu.edu/~catalog/people/rlm/bsc/dcrb/area7comp.htm

When you read the explanation below, substitute the concept of
"attachment" for the Web version.
   I might add that, in a way, some of my comments touch on the format
points that Jane mentioned in her message of Jan. 4, so I am
interested, too, in anyone's insights into why it was done that way in
DCRB.				--Jain