[DCRB-L] virus message

Robert Maxwell robert_maxwell at byu.edu
Mon Oct 21 09:10:48 MDT 2002

A message which may or may not have come from a list member containing a
virus apparently went out to the list yesterday.

Please delete the message (although if you read e-mail like I do you
probably looked at it before you look at this message.)

A couple of months ago we reset the list to that only members could send
messages. This was to prevent spam messages. However, this does not
prevent virus-initiated messages originating from member e-mail accounts
getting through; so please be careful. Note, however, that there are
some viruses out there now that pretend to come from someone else's
account. I'm not sure what we can do to prevent these getting through.

It would be useful if everyone on the list would please not keep dcrb-l
in their address book. This may prevent some of this.

Thanks,
Bob

Robert L. Maxwell
Special Collections and Ancient Languages Catalog Librarian
Genre/Form Authorities Librarian
6728 Harold B. Lee Library
Brigham Young University
Provo, UT 84602