[DCRB-L] Colored illustrations

Wed Apr 30 15:21:34 MDT 2003

Hmmm ... I wouldn't have called it colored. This is clearly something we have to figure out and make it clear in our own rules. Actually, since this is not a rare book issue, perhaps the JSC or LC needs to figure out what it means and let us know.  --DJL

-----Original Message-----
From: Jane Gillis [mailto:jane.gillis at yale.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2003 4:09 PM
To: dcrb-l at lib.byu.edu; dcrb-l at lib.byu.edu
Subject: Re: [DCRB-L] Colored illustrations

I just had an illustration printed in one color (green) on  bright yellow paper.  I took it around to catalogers and various library assistants.  *Everyone* said this was "Colored".  With the logo, if all you had was the RBMS--just red on white background--would that not be colored.

 "Not Colored", to me, is something that is black, white and/or grayscale.   "Colored" has at least one color, other than black, white or grayscale.  (I don't know about sepia)

Jane Gillis