[DCRB-L] DCRM 7C14

Hillyard, Brian b.hillyard at nls.uk
Thu Aug 7 02:26:50 MDT 2003

"Accordingly, give references as illustrated below.  Begin the note with the
word "References" and a colon."

Reading through 7C14 it struck me that this instruction to use "References:"
is one of those leftovers from card-cataloguing days (you could say that
MARC21 510 subfield a doesn't accommodate it; and I won't mention indexing
problems).  We could change it to a recommendation that any non-MARC format
display of the  record should be headed in this way, but as DCRM isn't about
OPAC display I think it would be better to drop this instruction altogether.

Brian

Dr Brian Hillyard
Head of Rare Books, National Library of Scotland
George IV Bridge, Edinburgh, EH1 1EW
b.hillyard at nls.uk: 0131-226 4531 (voice): 0131-466 2807 (fax)