[DCRB-L] DCRM 7C14 (more)

Hillyard, Brian b.hillyard at nls.uk
Thu Aug 7 02:48:59 MDT 2003

"Give such references when available for all incunabula.

ill."

While I was writing about "References:", I should have commented on the next
section.  As phrased ("when available") the instruction could lead some
cataloguers to pile on the references.  Would it be possible to recommend
that the primary citation be to ISTC, that GW, BMC and Goff be normally
cited in addition; and that other citations be used sparingly -- but
particularly in the absence of GW/BMC to provide a description with a
signature collation.

Brian
Dr Brian Hillyard
Head of Rare Books, National Library of Scotland
George IV Bridge, Edinburgh, EH1 1EW
b.hillyard at nls.uk: 0131-226 4531 (voice): 0131-466 2807 (fax)