[DCRB-L] WG2: transcription position paper

Brian Hillyard ab224bh at nls.uk
Fri Feb 7 10:14:05 MST 2003

Richard

But I was too unguarded in para 2 and should have realised that I was
myself mentioning an exception in para 9.  I own up to having only
recently become aware of ISBD(A) 0.8 LOWER CASE LETTERS ARE NEVER
TRANSCRIBED INTO CAPITALS.  This was also included in the first (1980)
edition of ISBD(A), but was absent from both BDRB and DCRB.  Unless it's
covered by the reference to AACR Appendix A (but I don't think it is --
anybody care to confirm that?), this must have been a definite decision
by the compilers of BDRB and DCRB.  I suppose this failure to follow
ISBD(A) shows something about the BDRB/DCRB attitude to transcription.

Brian

--
Dr Brian Hillyard
Head of Rare Books
e-mail: b.hillyard at nls.uk
Fax: 0131 466 2807 *** Tel: 0131 226 4531
Library website: http://www.nls.uk