[DCRM-L] Two comments on the delta draft

Noble, Richard Richard_Noble at brown.edu
Tue Jan 11 06:52:08 MST 2005

> -----Original Message-----
> From: dcrm-l-admin at lib.byu.edu
> [mailto:dcrm-l-admin at lib.byu.edu] On Behalf Of David Woodruff
> Sent: Monday, January 10, 2005 8:23 PM
> To: dcrm-l at lib.byu.edu
> Subject: [DCRM-L] Two comments on the delta draft

On color: If there is under current conditions one essential purpose in
noting color printing, it is to signal the presence of information that
cannot be conveyed in black-and-white reproduction. By that criterion,
monochrome printing of text or graphics in a color other than black must
be noted in some fashion. Even if "color printing" is defined as two or
more colors, would it not be appropriate to add that monochromatic color
printing should at least be noted?

The AACR2 definition is certainly deficient in its apparent exclusion of
e.g. a lithograph tinted in blue or fawn from the scope of color
printing. On that point David Woodruff is quite right.

5C3. "Generally