[DCRM-L] Simplification of AACR2 ch. 21

J.J. Hall jjh10 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Jul 8 04:12:29 MDT 2005

In my opinion, AACR2 21.27 (or something like it) ought to be retained. It
seems to me that few cataloguers can have to deal with these early academic
theses very often, and, when one does come across one, it is a pretty
baffling question, what a "praeses" and a "respondent" or "defender" are to
be supposed to have done. To have a rule which tells the cataloguer how to
treat such works seems to me essential.

      J.J. Hall
Rare Books Department,
Cambridge University Library,