[DCRM-L] Relator terms

Robert Maxwell robert_maxwell at byu.edu
Wed Dec 6 14:21:23 MST 2006

I used to, and so we do have some records with multiple headings with
different relator terms, and it is allowed, but I finally concluded that
it just looked too strange so I've sort of worked out an informal
hierarchy where if the person/body is printer, binder, and book designer
I choose one (usually printer). That of course explains why most of the
Stinehour Press books are designated as printer; no doubt in many of
those the Press was also the compositor, publisher, etc. Logically I
suppose it would be better to have multiple headings on the record for
multiple functions, but I haven't been doing that for some time.

Robert L. Maxwell
Special Collections and Ancient Languages Catalog Librarian
Genre/Form Authorities Librarian
6728 Harold B. Lee Library
Brigham Young University
Provo, UT 84602