[DCRM-L] Disappointing DCRM(B) CIP record

Mon Dec 18 09:55:12 MST 2006

Everyone,

The LC CIP cataloging unit completely ignored my proposed CIP, and created their own with title main entry, and the type of title coding we absolutely did not want:

Descriptive cataloging of rare materials.‡pBooks /‡cBibliographic Standards Committee, Rare Books and Manuscripts Section, Association of College and Research Libraries in collaboration with the Cataloging Policy and Support Office of the Library of Congress.

I don't suppose there's anything we can do about it, is there?

Deborah J. Leslie, M.A., M.L.S.
Chair, RBMS Bibliographic Standards Committee
Head of Cataloging, Folger Shakespeare Library
201 East Capitol St., S.E., Washington, D.C. 20003
djleslie at folger.edu  |  202.675-0369  |  http://www.folger.edu