[DCRM-L] FW: [RDA-L] [UNICODE-M] Roman Numerals

John Attig jxa16 at psulias.psu.edu
Mon Dec 18 13:21:51 MST 2006

I think that the special Roman numeral codes are for specialized
applications and would not be used by Libraries.  The suggestion that
the rules themselves should state that you should record Roman
numerals as alphabetical characters goes beyond the sort of issues
that are normally covered in cataloging rules; it seems to me more
appropriate in the MARC 21 Specifications.

Bottom line: This should not affect us at all.

         John