[DCRM-L] DCRB Core

Wed Mar 1 10:24:16 MST 2006

Let's back up one step, then. Why are those notes so significant as to
be mandatory if applicable in the books core? It isn't clear to me.

________________________
Deborah J. Leslie
Folger Library
djleslie at folger.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu [mailto:dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu] On
Behalf Of Manon Theroux
Sent: Wednesday, 01 March, 2006 11:45
To: windy.lundy at colorado.edu; DCRM Revision Group List
Subject: RE: [DCRM-L] DCRB Core

DCRB Core is presented on the BIBCO page as a supplement to the core
standard for Books:
http://www.loc.gov/catdir/pcc/bibco/core2002.html

So, I suspect the MA for 502 and 505 is present in DCRB Core simply
because it is present in the Books Core (the Books Core standard came
first).

Jain and Bob and others involved with establishing the DCRB Core
might be able to comment further.

-Manon

P.S. I am on the PCC Standing Committee on Standards and I've given
that group a heads up that some revisions will be needed to the DCRB
Core after DCRM(B) is published (e.g. 510 citations will no longer be
required).