[DCRM-L] ESTC available on BL web site

Juliet McLaren juliet at citrus.ucr.edu
Fri Oct 20 07:31:08 MDT 2006

Dear All ~

The STAR reference is confusing, but don't let it
throw you. The ESTC record is exactly the same,
regardless of the BL addition to the number.  Just
use ESTC as the reference, and the ESTC ID as the
identifier.  We are expecting to talk to the BL
about the confusion this creates, but trust me, it
means nothing in practice.  The BL site is a copy of
the ESTC, updated daily, and perforce using an
additional number assigned by their IT system, but
the ESTC records haven't changed--except as they
always do, since the ESTC is a real-time work in
progress.

Best,

Juliet Mclaren, Assistant Director, ESTC/North
America