[DCRM-L] FW: DCRM(B) approval

Mon Oct 23 07:37:22 MDT 2006

We have RBMS Executive Committee approval to publish DCRM(B). Another
hurdle overcome! The last one is actually getting the completed text,
index, and cover to the printer. The original publication date of 1
November has been pushed back. The very latest it will be available is
midwinter, although we're expecting it to be out before the end of the
year.
D.
-----Original Message-----
From: E. C. Schroeder [mailto:edwin.schroeder at yale.edu]
Sent: 23 October 2006 07:36
To: Deborah J. Leslie
Cc: edwin.schroeder at yale.edu
Subject: DCRM(B) approval

Deborah,

The Executive Committee of the Rare Books and Manuscripts Section of
ACRL
has voted to approve the publication of Descriptive Cataloging of Rare
Materials (Books).
I asked for any specific comments, etc. or questions, but did not
receive
any, which I will take positively to indicate that Bib. Standards did
their
work so well that their were no problems or questions.

Are you still on schedule to submit the manuscript today, or did you ask

for a postponement.

And as I don't get tired of saying, congratulations on an impressive
accomplishment.

E.C.

Edwin C. Schroeder
Chair
Rare Books and Manuscripts Section,
Association of College and Research Libraries

Head of Technical Services
Beinecke Rare Book & Manuscript Library
Yale University
P.O. Box 208240